Friday, October 28, 2011

Inspirational brain food

For any woman interested in learning what her birth options are and empowering herself to make her own choices, the following books and one documentary are a must!  All can be purchased on Amazon.com.
  • Guide to Childbirth: Ina May Gaskin
  • Spiritual Midwifery: Ina May Gaskin
  • The Business of Being Born: Documentary film on DVD from Executive Producer Ricki Lake and filmmaker/Director Abby Epstein
Please let me know if there are others you've found empowering and enlightening!  I'm always looking for more ways to feed my brain and soul.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way by Susan McCutcheon. It has the "why" behind the "how" but a lot more of the "how" and I liked that. Also liked So that's what they're for! by Janet Tamaro a breastfeeding basics book. I"m sure you'll get lots of good recommendations in your Bradley class too!

    ReplyDelete