Monday, December 12, 2011

ThunderCats Goooooooooo!!!!

I love the movie Juno-- remember the scene when her water breaks and she shouts down to her parents, "ThunderCats Gooooo!!!!"?  (For those of you that are scratching your heads, this is a reference to an animated 80's TV cartoon...).  Well, that's how I felt today and I wanted to shout it from the rooftops.


Rich and I had our final ultrasound to check the position of the placenta.  As I've shared with you all in an earlier post, my placenta was in a marginal previa position (a little too close for comfort to my cervix) and if it stayed there the remaining weeks of the pregnancy, then this natural birth plan would be null and void and I would be an automatic candidate for a C-section.  The fantastic and relieving news is that the placenta has moved out of the way (lateral left to be precise) and we are all systems go for our natural birth plan...YEEHAW!  The other important update is that our son is continuing to develop beautifully-- he's head down, currently weighing in at 5 lbs., 14 oz.  They say babies grow a half a pound a week the last four weeks of pregnancy.  No matter what, our son will be fully developed and in great shape to come into the world!


More to come on our final preparations for birth!

No comments:

Post a Comment