Monday, January 2, 2012

Nursery Revealed

It's true that nurseries are for the Mommies, not the babies.  I mean, newborns can't even hold their heads up for four months, so what do they care about how their room looks?!  


Nonetheless, I had a lot of fun putting this room together for my son and I want to thank my sweet husband for helping me with all the hanging (especially the "family wall"!), breaking down/recycling of what seems like thousands of boxes and overall enduring my lunatic behavior throughout this process.  To my mother, thank you for working your organizing magic and for calming me down.  To our extended family, thank you for sending us all your photographs.  The ones that didn't make it on the wall will have another place of honor in our home.  And to our friends that have supported us throughout this journey and know how much we adore children's books, thank you for your contributions.  Several of your gifts have a place of prominent display in this room and we look forward to spending a lot of time in here!


Yes, you will notice that our son's initials are featured in a couple of places in this room.  Please do not try to guess his name or try to weasel it out of us.  All will be revealed once he's born....we promise! xo


Oh, and one more thing...the cats in the pics are real (can you find the cat ears in one pic?!).  Not stuffed.  We have a pet menagerie that will undoubtedly have some adjusting to do once our son arrives!














If you have any questions about where something came from, ask me!  We worked with several amazing Etsy vendors and I'm a huge fan of modern furniture stores like West Elm and CB2.

3 comments:

  1. i LOVE this nursery.
    I'm thrilled to be part of it.
    enjoy,
    rose
    pumpkinandbutterfly.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful nursery! I love the fabric choices. And we have the same crib!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so beautiful, kara! baby boy is going to LOVE it so much (once he can lift his head up). xoxo

    ReplyDelete